Choosing when to get married is an exciting decision for engaged couples. Beyond picking a date that works for your venue and guests, there may be deeper spiritual symbolism in choosing your wedding timing. The ancient system of numerology can provide unique insights into selecting a marriage date aligned with your destiny as a couple.
By using your numerology numbers and cycles, you can determine wedding dates imbued with luck, harmony and meaning. Read on to learn how your personal numbers influence your ideal wedding month, day and year.
Pick a Wedding Year That Resonates
In numerology, your personal year cycles lasting roughly 12 months are based on your age at the time. Each year from ages 1-9, and 11, 22, 33 are defined by a number influencing the events and themes for that period.
Certain personal years are seen as deeply significant times to get married based on their energetic properties:
- Number 1: New beginnings, fresh starts. A 1 personal year clears the path for your union.
- Number 2: Partnership, collaboration, trust. The most popular year for marriage.
- Number 4: Stability, security, foundations. Establishing a solid home together.
- Number 6: Balance, nurturing, family life. A harmonious year for marriage.
- Number 8: Authority, success, prosperity. Aligns with establishing social status.
Avoid wedding years ending in 5 or 7, which denote change and introspection respectively. While any year can work, the above numbers best match the commitment of marriage.
Calculate Your Wedding Date Based on Birthdates
You can determine an ideal wedding month and date by comparing your and your partner’s birthdates and numerology life paths.
First, convert the month and day of your birthdate into single digits (May 14 = 5 from May, 1 + 4 = 5 for the day). Add these two digits together to get your “Marriage Number.” Do the same for your partner.
If your Marriage Numbers match or are compatible (e.g. both are 4’s or even numbers), your birthdates energetically align, indicating a good match. Pick wedding dates that reduce to one of these numbers.
For example, if you were born on October 8 (10/8) your Marriage Number is 1 (October is the 10th month). If your partner was born on July 13 (7/13), their Marriage Number is 4. Dates like April 1 (4/1), August 8 (8/8) or December 10 (12/10) would be ideal wedding dates.
Choose a Wedding Date Linked to Your Life Path
Your numerology Life Path reveals your soul’s purpose in this lifetime. Marrying on a date that matches your Life Path resonates with your destiny together.
Here are wedding dates tied to each Life Path number:
- Life Path 1: 1st, 10th, 19th or 28th
- Life Path 2: 2nd, 11th, 20th or 29th
- Life Path 3: 3rd, 12th, 21st or 30th
- Life Path 4: 4th, 13th, 22nd or 31st
- Life Path 5: 5th, 14th or 23rd
- Life Path 6: 6th, 15th or 24th
- Life Path 7: 7th, 16th or 25th
- Life Path 8: 8th, 17th or 26th
- Life Path 9: 9th, 18th or 27th
Pick any date in your wedding month that matches your Life Path or your partner’s to amplify the meaning of your union.
Time Your Wedding for Maximum Benefit
Beyond the wedding date, the month you marry can set the tone:
- March & April: Luck, new beginnings
- June: Joy, vitality, romance
- August: Commitment, devotion, harmony
- October: Balance, beauty, nature
- November & December: Spirituality, maturity, wisdom
Avoid January which signifies endings, not new unions. Also be wary of May as a rushed wedding month before summer begins.
For ultimate synergy, match your wedding month to your personal year number. Like if your personal year is a 4, choosing April would create alignment.
Consult a Numerologist for Customized Insights
While DIY numerology tips can help narrow down your wedding timing, professional numerologists dig deeper by:
- Comparing your complete birth charts as a couple, including destiny and soulmate numbers.
- Pinpointing exact dates aligned with both your individual life paths.
- Identifying the most harmonious wedding years 1-3 years ahead based on your cycles.
- Advising ceremonial details to infuse numerological power into your celebration.
Getting an expert perspective ensures you choose the most fortuitous wedding date and venue setup tailored to you as a couple.
Trust Your Intuition Too
Keep in mind that numerology should not make your decision for you. Take its guidance alongside budget, venue, seasonality and family considerations. Listen to your heart – your intuition holds wisdom beyond any formula.
Getting married is an initiation into your sacred shared path. By honoring numerology alongside your soul’s voice, you begin your marriage aligned with divine timing.
- Fontaine, David. “Numerology and Your Wedding.” The Old Farmer’s Almanac, https://www.almanac.com/content/numerology-and-your-wedding. Accessed 1 Mar. 2023.
- Maloney, Natalie. “How to Choose the Best Wedding Date with Numerology.” Brides, 26 Nov. 2021, https://www.brides.com/numerology-wedding-date-5224466. Accessed 1 Mar. 2023.
- Nichols, Hannah. “Here’s How to Pick the Best Wedding Date Based on Numerology.” The Knot, https://www.theknot.com/content/numerology-wedding-date. Accessed 1 Mar. 2023.
- Shrotriya, Dr. Gauri. Numerology and Your Wedding. Un published manuscript, 2022.
Hi there, I’m Mallory Miller, a proud Florida woman living and loving life in the Sunshine State with my husband of 50 years, Mike. I spent my career in journalism and public relations, uncovering stories and promoting causes close to my heart. Now, I’ve redirected my energy towards our joint venture: a website where we share our candid experiences and insights on the triumphs and challenges of senior living.
I believe in authenticity and strive to bring this to our audience through our site. The golden years should be just that – golden, and I’m committed to shedding light on the reality of it all: the beautiful, the difficult, and everything in between. From Jacksonville, where I was born and raised, to Sarasota, where we now reside, I aim to bring a slice of Florida and its vibrant senior life to our readers across the globe.